Federal Program: Upward Bound is a federal TRIO program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. This program is free and provides support to participants in their preparation for college entrance. The program provides low-income, first generation participants the skills and motivation necessary to complete their secondary education and to enter and succeed at a post-secondary institution. This is accomplished by providing the following services to 9th -12th grade students at target schools: personal and career counseling; academic advising; tutoring; exposure to cultural events; academic programs and other educational activities not usually available to disadvantaged youth; college campus visits; activites designed to acquaint youth with a range of career options; mentoring; and a six-week academic summer componet. UWMC, Continuing Education subcontracts with the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction to provide the summer session. The program is available only to students in grades 9-11 in two target school districts which include Wausau and DC Everest.
Eligibility: Students who enroll in the Upward Bound program must be first-generation college students or meet income eligibility guidelines.
- Students must have interest and desire to attend college.
- Students must be willing to fully participate in Upward Bound in the summer and during the school year.
- Upward Bound gives preference to students who are willing to remain in the program through graduation from high school.
- Upward Bound encourages diversity and invites applications from eligible students of all racial and ethnic backgrounds.
Checkout the webpages made by Upward Bound Participants, click on the links below:
|2004 UB Program||2005 UB Program||2006 UB Program||2007 UB Program||2008 UB Program|
|2009 UB Program||2010 UB Program||2011 UB Program|
DPI-WEOP Student Application:
- PI-WEOP-1000: WEOP Student Application Form
- PI-WEOP-1000 Application Instructions: WEOP Student Application Instructions
- PI-WEOP-1000 Supporting Documents: WEOP Student Supporting Documents
WEOP has seven statewide offices: Ashland, Eau Claire, Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee, Racine, and Wausau