Purpose: The State Talent Search Program is a broadly based comprehensive statewide program required under WI State Statute 115.28. The program provides information to youth and adults about postsecondary educational options as well as assistance in defining educational goals, applying and enrolling in college, and obtaining financial aid to pay for college.
Eligibility: There are no specific individual student eligibility requirements. Adults, middle and high school students, parents, educators, and community members can receive State Talent Search services.
Types of Services:
- Presenting information and educational resources around college and career readiness activities to students, families, and educators.
- Helping families navigate the college admission process to be admitted to college.
- Helping families navigate the financial aid process to pay for college.
- Assisting families with the completion of the FAFSA.
- Promoting the availability of the TIP grant and/or the GU outreach scholarship.
- Sponsoring College Goal Wisconsin.
- Sponsoring Wisconsin Students Go 2 College.
- Promoting precollege programs.